The Office of Local Government is responsible for local government across NSW. The Office’s organisational purpose is to ‘Strengthen Local Government’ and its organisational outcome is ‘Fit for the future councils leading strong communities’.
The Office of Local Government and Department of Industry – Lands and Water are conducting a series of training sessions to:
- Support council staff to understand the requirements of the new Crown Lands Management Act 2016 with respect to developing compliant Plans of Management (PoMs) for council managed Crown reserves, and provide an opportunity for council staff to have input, through facilitated workshop sessions, into the guidance material being developed on PoMs.
- The Bathurst session will run from 10am to 3pm (including lunch), and will include an opportunity for council staff to ask questions to DOI and OLG representatives about PoM development and other council Crown land management issues
- The session is aimed at NSW Council staff with Crown land management responsibilities.
- To ensure the session is manageable and provides participants with the best possible experience, there will be a limit of 60 participants.
- Up to 4 staff from each council may attend, based on demand and availability.
- Consultants who provide PoM services may register their interest to attend the session by emailing OLG at email@example.com (indicating which session they are interested in attending). A spot will be allocated if there is space. However, council staff will be prioritised.